OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
1. The Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2010 from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. FISH HOUSES ARE ALLOWED. PORTABLES ONLY! NO WHEEL OR PULL BEHIND ALLOWED! Flaps on fish houses must remain open until the start of the tournament. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. NO PRE-FISHING!!!
2. Parking is available at the Cass Lake Rest Area, Sah-Kah-Tay Beach Resort, Sailstar Marina and Cass Lake Lodge. Contestants are required to park in the areas provided. Watch for signs. Contestants are encouraged to carpool and use the buddy system. Shuttles begin at 9:00 a.m. and will run until the tournament starts at 12:00p.m.
3. Tickets for the tournament are $30.00 each; and $35.00 on the ice, all tickets must be purchased by 1:30p.m., February 13, 2010. No refunds will be given for any reason.
4. Contestants are not allowed inside fishing area prior to 9:00 a.m. Contestants may reserve a maximum of two holes no earlier than 9:00 a.m., the day of the tournament.
5. Contestants are required to go through a checkpoint and have their fish house open to be inspected.
6. Prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size fish may be eligible for prizes.
7. For each ticket purchased, the contestant will be allowed to fish one hole. There is a two ticket/two hole max. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. You may register as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation but anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian pay and collect on the ticket.
8. All fish entered must be brought to the judges stand immediately and be alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. All prize winners may be required to take polygraph exams as part of contest requirements. In the event deception is detected or the contestant refuses to take the exam, his/her prize will go to charity. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in. Game fish only- according to Minnesota Fishing Laws.
9. All lines must be out of the water at 3:00p.m. when the horn blows! In addition, all fish must be caught and the contestants in route to the judges stand by 3:00p.m. for those fish to be eligible.
10. Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest and will be asked to stay in the designated area during the contest. You will be required to have your tickets visible at all times. Ticket checks, container inspections, and fish house inspections will be required.
11. Contestants will be allowed to move to other unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants will not be allowed to leave the contest area between 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
12. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions and property at all times.
13. All contestants must possess the appropriate fishing license and follow Minnesota State Angling Fishing Regulations!
14. Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification.
15. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area other than contest officials and police personnel. Any contestant bringing a motor vehicle within 50 yards of the contestant perimeter will be disqualified. Please call 1-800-356-8615 for handicap access information.
16. Coolers and large containers are discouraged. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, depth finders are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended as holes may be drilled the day before. The use of augers is not allowed once the contest starts, unless you get permission from an official. Weighted lines without hooks or electronic depth finders can be used to find depth prior to 11:45 a.m. No lines are allowed in the water from 11:45 a.m. to the start of the contest.
17. No pre-fishing before the contest will be allowed.
18. Failure to comply with any contest rules will result in disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
19. There will be a Leader Board located in the registration area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
20. Board members of the Cass Lake Area Chamber are ineligible to fish the tournament.
21. All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs, or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television or any other media.
22. Fish that are not suitable for live release will be donated to a charitable organization.
23. In the event of unsafe ice conditions, prizes will be given out in a drawing that you will not need to be present to win.
24. Contestants are responsible for their own bait and fishing rods and tackle.
The Cass Lake Area Chamber thanks you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove refuse, including cigarette butts, from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in contest area and will be confiscated by, and forfeited to, tournament officials. Waste containers are provided. Please visit www.casslake.com for updated tournament information and current ice conditions.